The Top 10 Baby Products I Can't Live Without
Now that Miles is getting closer to two years old, I feel like I've finally developed a pretty good system and an idea of what products work for us, and which don't. (Of course now that I'm speaking this into existence, he'll probably decide he hates all of these things). Here is list of the products Miles and I love, and simply cannot live without:
- Yes to Baby Carrots Face + Nose Wipes: These wipes are a must have for my messy little Miles. They're great for cleaning up after meal time, snack time, playground time, or a runny nose. Made with all-natural saline, Vitamin E, and organic carrots, and they smell good too! Price: $5.99
- Baby Carrots Attitude Change Calming Balm: This balm is lovely to rub on before bedtime, especially during teething season and for colicly little guys, like my son. An herb called Yarrow was added specifically for the calming of colic while. This balm is also formulated to be used for eczema and cradle, so basically is a great all in one cream, and I actually love using it maintain Miles' curly hair. Price $10.99
- Weleda Calendula Oil: I use this every night after bath time for his body and hair. I also use it during diaper changes to cleanse and moisturize the area. I pour a small amount on Miles' bottom before wiping, and it has done wonders for preventing diaper rash. The main ingredient comes from the Calendula plant, which possesses powerful healing and anti-inflammatory properties. The oil also contains almond oil and chamomile, so it has a lovely softness and a calming scent that is great for bedtime (or anytime). Price: $16
- California Baby Bubble Bath - Overtired & Cranky: Miles used to be a horrible sleeper, so I would take any help I could get. I'm not 100% sure if this bubble bath really did the trick to wind him down for bed, but I like to believe it does. Plus, its organic, I love the smell (tangerine, sweet orange, and chamomile), and it comes with a bubbles wand, which makes bath time even more fun! Price: $14
- Parents - The Lullaby Album: A compilation of soothing classical greats from Johannes Brahms, Johann Pachelbel, Frederic Chopin and Hector Berlioz this CD does wonders for triggering bed time mode. Find it on Amazon.
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle: This is Miles' current favorite book. With trucks, animals, animal sounds, and colorful pictures, no other book puts a smile on his face faster than this one. Price: $10- $16 on Amazon
- Winnie the Pooh: His daddy bought him one during a business trip, and he takes it with him everywhere. Now he's taken to even including Pooh for meal time, and pretends to feed him. It's so cute watching him with his stuffed friend.
- Baby Uggs: I think Miles looks so adorable, and super hip with his Uggs. But what I really love is that they were great through the winter months and easy to slip on. I never had to worry about his feet being warm. He started with the brown Uggs, and recently his grandpa just bought him a pair of black Uggs, which I'm really loving!
- Maclaren Stroller: This is going to sound slightly ridiculous, but I actually have three strollers, and very nice ones at that - a Bugaboo, a Jogging Stroller, and a Maclaren umbrella stroller - of these three the Maclaren is my favorite. Its small, easy to travel with easily collapsible, has a shoulder strap to allow for easy carrying, it only weighs 11.5 lbs
- Play Doe: Play doe has been invaluable lately in our home. It's the only thing that keeps Miles' attention for an extended period. Also, it has really helped Miles learn his colors. Before the play doe, Miles actually hated when I would try to teach him colors. In fact, he would usually run away. Now, he really enjoys it.