The Oscars were....well, the Oscars. I don't know. I'm not sure if I'm getting old, but these award shows just don't get my engine running like they used to. Nonetheless, I still love watching all the glamazons of Hollywood parade around in their best dressed.
Here are my favorite looks of the night:
1. Rooney Mara in Givenchy - Why I love it: The dress is couture, pretty elegant, sexy, and unique. That coupled with the hair and make-up, for me this look was perfection. I think Rooney Mara looks like runway high fashion meets red carpet.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford - Why I love it: Gwyney never disappoints. This is a VERY close second for me. This look is sleek, sexy, elegant, simple yet interesting at the same time. Her hair, jewelry and make-up also work perfectly for the dress.
3. Rose Byrne in Vivienne Westwood - Why I love it: The sparkles, the hair. It just says "Oscar Red Carpet Glamor." Done and done.
4. Angelina Jolie in Versace and Brad Pitt (in my mind, these two come as a fashion pair because I love looking at them together) - Why I love it: The looks are pretty simple, but as a pair, these two look gorgeous, sexy, and glamorous. They're everything I want to see in a Hollywood couple.
5. Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli Couture - Why I love it: This look is fun, age appropriate, and stunning. A perfect choice for her.
6. Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad - Why I love it: Honestly, I almost left her off my list, because it feels like she's just trying too hard to be sexy. But, I have to admit, the dress is so pretty and pure hotness.
7. Viola Davis in Vera Wang - Why I love it: Seriously, her body looks AMAZING and the dress shows off her shape perfectly. The color is also spectacular.
8. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton - Why I love it: I love the color and shape (although I could do without that little silver bow on the side)
9. Oscar winner Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji - Why I love it: Octavia shows us that you don't have to be stick figure to look picture perfect on the red carpet. The color, the shap, and the sparkles look so lovely. This dress truly looks like it was made for her.
10. Natalie Portman in Vintage Christian Dior - Why I love it: She doesn't look over done, which I like. It's a simple and elegant dress with a bold color.
And although I'm not putting her in my top 10 because I feel like I've seen this look a million times in the last 5 years (and her dress color was a bit dull for my liking), I still have to include Penelope Cruz to this post, because I thought she looked very pretty.